How to Survive 5th Grade…

Humorous Pictures

Oh!  You thought I was talking to the students….I could be talking to myself.  Usually, by this time, I’ve written several posts on our class website.  As you can see…I’m a little behind schedule!  Hopefully, I’m getting back into the swing of things! 

These first few weeks can be best described as a whirlwind.  Poor little 5th graders!  🙂   They are beginning to adjust to the responsibility of remembering supplies, new schedules, and the demands of 4 different teachers.  That’s a pretty tall order!

So…what in the world is going on in 5th grade these days?  I’d love to tell you!

• You need to know:  This week was midterm!  Each teacher sent home a midterm report this Friday that details class average so far.  If your grade isn’t what you would like, there’s still time to bring it up.  Be on the alert for extra credit opportunities.

• Friday, we had a special speaker, Bridget Baird, who gave our classes a great presentation about the Constitution. 

• In Science, we’ve been learning about properties of matter, particle arrangement of solids, liquids, and gases, and what determines density.

• Our DARE program gets underway this week.  Officer Joey Maddox will be teaching the DARE program on Thursdays for the next 10 weeks.