A Fresh Start!

backtoschool

I’m one of those nerdy types that always loved the start of a new school year. Nothing could compare to the thrill of getting new school supplies or the excitement that kept me up the night before the first day. Now, as a teacher, I still get thrilled about school supplies and toss and turn the night before! Perhaps it’s that my job happens to be super fun, but I think it has a lot to do with what the first day of school represents – a fresh start! New school years bring new experiences, new teachers and friends, and the chance to even be a new you! Even though I dearly miss all my former students, I can’t help but be giddy about the opportunity to meet the 70+ kids who will be on my heart for the next ten months (and much longer). So for me, it’s a fresh start, too.

With that being said, let’s get down to business…

If you’re a new 5th grade parent or student, here’s some information that might be useful:

• The first day of school is a half day.  We dismiss at 11:30.  There will be no buses that day.
  • All new 5th graders will meet in the New Gym.  We will go upstairs together.
  • Monday, August 10th will be Open House at RCS. from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.  This will be an opportunity to drop in and meet your child’s teachers.
  • 5th Grade Parent Orientation will be held Thursday, August 13, at 6:00 p.m.  During orientation, we will be sharing details about 5th grade curricula, policies, and activities.
  • One big change to expect this year is that we have no traditional homeroom.  Your child’s first period class will serve as a homeroom.
  • 5th Grade has a Twitter account.   Follow us at @RCS5thgrade. It’s a great resource for reminders, announcements, etc.

Looking forward to a great year!

Mrs. Ewing